Last time, we destroyed the wall. This time, we rebuild it. I'm so glad I hired someone to rebuild the wall. I would have died or destroyed my wall had I done it myself. There were so many little things I would have never paid attention to had I tried to do it myself.
- If you destroy a wall, it's easy to move electrical outlets wherever you want. You can also remove electrical outlets.
- Each drywall piece can be textured to be flat or have some bumps. I just matched my current wall which has some texture, but I didn't think about it.
- Drywall has to be painted. Sounds stupid, but I didn't think about painting before. I thought you just throw up some wall.
- Since some portions of the wall are shorter than they were originally, some of the subfloor is exposed. Now I have to hire someone to rebuild and repair parts of the floor.
- Drywall also has to be finished so that paint can actually go on top of it. You can't just paint drywall.
Onto some pictures.